Client: BMA Saraji Mine
Duration: 12 Months
Sector: Mining and Resources
A Wisely team was
engaged by a major mining business to undertake a squirrel store removal
initiative. The objective was to eradicate non-warehouse controlled stock, and
also assist with the clean-up and redesign of the departmental laydown areas.
- Engaged directly with Stakeholders using a formalised process to walk through areas under their control;
- Identified parts and equipment that could be returned to the warehouse for stock credit
- Identified parts for overhaul or service exchange
- Identified any scrap
- Identified what could be relocated to the site Auction Pad for later sale
- ~$10m was returned to the warehouse for stock credit.
- Direct purchase items were reduced by 72%.
- Stock and Purchase on Demand materials were reviewed.
- Storage space was cleaned up and reallocated to the w/house.
- Task lists were reviewed to remove incorrect parts.
- Unused serviceable items were returned to OEMs.
- Cores were returned for credits.
- Stock material min/max levels were reviewed.